Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Best of 2011 Photo Contest {Sonoma County Photographer, Sonoma County Wedding Photographer}

I went back and forth on wanting to do a "Year in Review" and just put up a slide show of my favorite images from the year or if I wanted to do another "Best of" photo contest. I ended up going with a contest. I love to give things away and for those that know me best I LOVE a little friendly competition and even more than that I love when I get to help bring out the competitive nature in others! So I pulled out all my favorite images from the year, trying to include at least one for every session or event. Then I took a look at what I had and created categories that would best split up the images as evenly as I could. I ended up with 8 categories: Kids, Family, Candid Wedding Photos, Romantic Wedding Photos, Bridal, engagement, Bridal Party, and Other. I really didn't like the name "other" but I didn't have another name for it... there was photos from a birth, a senior session, maternity shoot, fashion, and a personal set of photos I took of my Hero as everyone took turns shaving her head after her 2nd chemo treatment... so other was really the only word to sum up that category =) I posted the photos on Facebook and let everyone spread the word and begin their voting process. The contest ended today and I thought I'd post the winners here on my blog!
I really want to say thank you to everyone who participated and really rallied around the contest. I had a lot of fun and I hope you all did as well! It seemed like you did! The photo that had the highest overall votes had 89 votes! 2nd highest was just behind that with 81 and 3rd highest had 72!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment